Saturday, October 29, 2011

I am a Marxist--of the Groucho tendency. - Anonymous


I didn't get much done today. I think the earth's magnetic field was messed up or something. I had a to-do list that tonight looks mostly like an undone list. And now I'm sitting here eating brownies Brandie made for me, brownies made with Godiva chocolate. Yes, brownies plural. And these things are as rich as they are good, and they're very good.

We hit 86 today and tomorrow it will be 89.
It didn't snow at all.
Don't you wish your weather was hot like ours? Don't you?

My sermon tomorrow is all weird. I keep staring at it trying to imagine how it's going to come out and can't see it. I'm a bit concerned.
And second hour we're going to talk about Pathway's future.

Maybe it's time we re-think this:
The True Origins of Pizza

That's all for tonight. Gonna spend some more time with the sermon and review Eli.

2 comments:

Jen said...

LOL...that "peecha" video made me chuckle. = )

Unknown said...

A couple years back, I went to lunch with a new, college-aged guy from our church. He grew up in Hong Kong, and decided on Chinese for our meal. He took me to a hole-in-the-wall place and told the host/cook/busboy (in what sounded like pretty fluent Chinese to me) that we wouldn't be needing menus.

Gabe ordered an incredible variety of things... most all of which I had never had before. Course after course came to us, each to be eaten with chopsticks.

Imagine my surprise when a perfectly round, hand-tossed delight that resembled a pizza showed up. It was cooked on a griddle, instead of baked. It was cut into the triangular pieces that we are all familiar with, but we ate these, too, with chopsticks.

After sampling several bites, my suspicions were slowly being confirmed... "Gabe? Did the Chinese invent pizza?" He just smiled and took another sip of tea. Over the rim of the cup, I saw his eye-brows dance on his forehead, resembling an Asian Grouch Marx. That was the only answer I got.