Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Many people quit looking for work when they get a job.

Different format tonight. Something rolling around in my head for awhile finally crawled out through my right ear and landed in this post.
Let's start with a very unscientific survey. Below are two options in a number of categories. I've tried to choose items appealing to male and/or female readers. (That's because I'm thoroughly egalitarian.) In each case, pick one. You might wish for a third option but this is MY survey and you don't get one; you gotta pick one or the other. (Sorry about the format issues. Can't get it to work like I want.)


Where would you rather eat, the diner on the left or the dining room on the right?





Which house? The bungalow or the Victorian?










Jeans, or jeans?









UJM, or Harley?








Necklace, or necklace?







Chevy, or Chevy?




There are no right or wrong answers. It's entirely a matter of preference. It also isn't either/or. On any given day I may choose from one column or the other. But years ago I figured out I'm pretty much a left side guy. Function over form, dump the gratuitous foo-faw, keep it real. Blue jeans, blue collar, blue plate special. 
Which is one of the reasons I'm restoring a '62 Beetle. And my next car will be more like the one on the left than the one on the right.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I like all the left side stuff better except for the house. That Victorian house is so cool. I call dibs on the round room!

Jen said...

I prefer all the left side stuff too--unless Dave and I were dining out sans kids. Then I'd pick the right side restaurant. I bet they have a mouth-watering menu.

I like to dress up from time to time too (but bedazzled jeans ain't it).