Sunday, August 24, 2014

"Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie." - Jim Davis


I worked hard this morning. I slept hard this afternoon.
I've got to work hard tomorrow. We're supposed to get another monsoon rain event Tuesday and I've got a front yard full of tree branches that need cleaning up before that arrives.

We watched "Rick Steve's Europe" this evening between football games. This episode focused on Slovenia which used to be a part of the former Yugoslavia. That guy can make anyplace look enticing.

I read the White House is sending three reps to the funeral tomorrow for Michael Brown, the young Black man from Ferguson, MO shot by Officer. I can't help but wonder if that's appropriate. Until the facts of that event are known - and that seems to still be a ways out - it sure looks like the WH is taking sides, and not supporting law enforcement.

Sports Illustrated's web site is all messed up and has been for a few weeks. The pictures and links around the circumference of the page are fine but the headlines/links in the center of the page are in something near 5 pt. text. At least when viewed on Chrome. Today the site only gives the banner across the top with nothing but a white page below that.
c'mon, man.

Pam made taco salad a couple of nights ago and put in far too much chili powder for these two Swedes.
We had leftovers tonight and it hasn't cooled down a bit.
I was still hungry but didn't have the courage to ask for seconds.

You never stop being a parent.

No comments: