Monday, November 3, 2014

"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops." - Cary Grant

From a friend's facebook page.

A disclaimer going into this post: I got home a little before noon after driving about 24 hours, including (I think) four nap stops. My brain can't convince my body we're not still moving and it's been so long since my legs were straight that it took me a minute to realize those were my feet down there.

I saw two fairly serious accidents. The first was somewhere south of Stockton in I-5, long after dark. A car was in the right lane of that very long 2-lane stretch, laying on it's right side, wheels facing the lane line. No first responders had arrived, and the people who had stopped were trying to direct traffic away from that car while others were working with whomever was inside.

The second was about 30 miles west of here on I-10 where they were cleaning up after an accident that left a car in the center median that had obviously caught on fire. It was a blackened shell.

T'ank you, Fadder, for a safe trip.

Paid a low of $2.91 and a high of $3.69 (CA). Got anywhere from 18 to 23 mpg. The lower numbers were going up the mountains of northern CA with too much slow traffic. Just a shade under 3,200 miles. No wonder I'm whooped.

One section of the room outside the dining room at Ida Culver House where my folks live.
There's more. Many more.

They're saying the AZ Cardinals are doing so well because they're getting a handle of Coach Arians' system. Whatever the explanation, it's nice to see them in first place.

After last year's poor showing I redid the rose bed. Changed from individual waterers at each bush to a system that floods the whole bed three or four times a week, depending on the weather. Turns out they like the new arrangement. I came home to very obvious growth just in the nine days I was gone.
Next year I might try fertilizer. Imagine the possibilities.

Sad to hear Tom Magliozzi  died. Good guy, great show.
...
..
.
I'm falling asleep as I type this.
I'm going to have some dessert and go to bed. Somewhere it's 10 p.m.

No comments: