Saturday, January 31, 2015

"I've got all the money I'll ever need, if I die by four o'clock." - Henny Youngman


I'd never heard of Spyker before reading an article this morning. It's a Dutch car company that so far has produced only prototypes and is trying to raise the funds to go into production. Apparently in a former life - the 20's and 30's - they made planes. They should make cars, and I should buy one when they do.
Scroll down here to "Captain's Cockpit" and go through the pictures using the control at the lower left. When you see the light icon to the right of the right arrow be sure to click on it to see the nighttime version.
Is that not a gorgeous interior?

I worked on the Chevy truck this morning, completing a lot of little tasks. Hooked up things like the speedometer, choke, and throttle cables, connected the parking brake cable, and worked more on the throttle linkage. I went to the metal shop to do some more adjusting on the piece I'm fabricating but got stopped at the door by a gnarly old guy who told me my membership card had expired and I couldn't come back until I paid my $10. This despite the fact I've been going several times a week for the last month, with the same card.
It's not worth arguing with grumpy Sun City residents. And there's an ample supply.

I wanted Maria Sharapova to win the women's final. Phooey.
Let's hope Djokovic has better luck tomorrow in the men's final.
GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Pam was picking oranges off the tree this afternoon while I was pruning it, when she tripped over the edging and took a hard fall. Although I didn't see it (I was on the ladder) the evidence suggests she landed on her face. Scratched lenses, a small cut across the bridge of her nose, and her chin....
You know those bow bulbs that freighters have? She now has one the color of a plum. And she talks like she's holding a mouth full of marbles.
We're thankful it's nothing that won't be gone in a few days.

In churches all across the country tomorrow's sermon will be a string of spiritual metaphors based on tomorrow's game. Not at Pathway. Relevance is one thing, but methinks that borders on trivializing the eternal

No comments: