Tuesday, February 24, 2015

"There's only one way to have a happy marriage, and as soon as I learn what it is I'll get married again." - Clint Eastwood

Get it?

Today's workout included 63 burpees. Ouch.

Just so we're clear, I did NOT serve in the Special Forces and my helicopter wasn't hit by enemy fire. In fact, I've never been in a helicopter.

Friend Sue sent me a very good book, "Whatever Happened to Penny Candy" by Richard J. Maybury. It's only 150 pages long, is written for Jr. High and H.S. age readers, and is an overview of macro-economics. I'm halfway through and my head hurts. It makes total sense, but I may have to read it twice (or more) to get it all in my head. I am allergic to numbers and anything related to them, but especially in an election year this is a good, relevant book. Get it, read it. Seriously.

Michael Sam, the first openly gay player to be drafted by an NFL team, is going to be part of the current Dancing With the Stars show. Am I the only one asking the question?

As a follow-up to the question, "Do you think the President loves America?" Governor Scott Walker was asked if he thought the President is a Christian.
"Uhm...."
He finally got around to saying he's never talked to the President about that and so can't answer the question.
There's a much better answer to the reporter's question, and the fact Walker didn't come up with it makes me question if he knows what makes one a Christian. He's either unclear about that or really, really bad on his feet. Neither of those is good.

I cant find the nut that holds the steering wheel on the shaft. Do you think that matters?

I had a Face Time conversation with Geoff in Papua New Guinea this afternoon. Ain't technology grand?!

Because I have that 10 tons of gravel getting delivered tomorrow morning, and because grumpy Sun City residents are known to complain to the HOA if they have to step off the sidewalk as they walk their rat-on-a-leash, I've tried to work ahead on my Sunday stuff. I want to get that gravel spread over the front gravel pit yard as quickly as possible, but it will probably take me the better part of a day.
Being a day ahead has me all confused. This feels like a Wednesday.

No comments: