Monday, May 22, 2017

"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." - Ann Landers


I miss Stamina. I don't know when she moved out but, she's clearly gone and I'm afraid she's not coming back.

I couldn't find my keys this morning, and mentioned that to Pam. A couple of minutes later I told her I found them "in my church jeans." And that my mother would consider that term an oxymoron. Pam suggested it would bring tears to her eyes.

I worked on the Asante Memorial Birthing Center (the addition to the goat barn) until 4 p.m. By then it was 83 degrees and I was wasted. But I have the cedar siding 80% done and the rest won't take long. Then the roof.
Shouldn't we have some kind of ribbon cutting ceremony? Invite dignitaries, the press, major donors?

The rules say you can't give yourself a nickname. That's something others have to do for/to you and you don't even get any input.
I'm pretty sure a corollary is that you can't call yourself brother. Someone else can, but signing your name (or Facebook posts) "brother so-and-so" is just weird.

A couple of weeks ago I swore off my morning news routine. I was my custom to watch MSNBC and/or FOX from 5 a.m. until 7 a.m. I'd leave the TV off until then and just enjoy the quiet, but then it was time to catch up on the news and views. At 7 a.m. Pam's usually up and she prefers the...softer approach of the Today Show on NBC.

But I got tired of the circus that is Washington D.C. since January. Now I leave the TV off until 7:00 and have discovered I don't miss it at all. If there's a news item worth my time I can get it off one of the news sites I surf.

Sometimes I turn the TV on, but to one of the Dish music stations, usually the classical symphonic station.
Yeah, this new routine is better. Coffee, reading (or listening to the rest of The Count of Monte Cristo), and just sitting.

No comments: