Thursday, June 29, 2017

"Love is a game that two can play and both win." - Eva Gabor



I want Jay Leno's life. The new season of his show just started and it's must see TV for us. He not only has the biggest collection of the coolest cars, but on his show he gets to do the coolest things.
(Wednesday nights on CNBC.)

On Thursday nights (PBS) a new show, at least to us: The Inspector Linley Mysteries. We like it, too.

We've decided, with all the confidence of the newbies we are, that Sundae is due on 7/11 the later of the two possibilities. Thursday nights we typically go out for a pretty good pizza at the local dive (small 3-topping pizza for $8.05 before $2 tip), and tonight we talked about what to name our kids. These will be the first of (hopefully) many, all of which will end up on our table. So naming them after family members seemed inappropriate.

We've decided to work through the alphabet using the names of food items. For example, "A" might be Avocado, or Apple, "B" could be Beets, or Broccoli, etc. That way the answer to the question, "What's for dinner?" gets answered Cauliflower. Or Donuts.

I have no idea if my article is hitting the mark or if the guy who asked me to write something is going to regret ever sending me that email. But I've told him that if he dumps it after one read I'm fine with it. I'll feel bad that I didn't meet his expectations but as soon as I it "Send" it ceases to be mine. I suppose it always was God's, but especially once I submit it.

Veneta, one town over and about 8 miles away, hosts The Oregon Country Fair the weekend after July 4 every year. Think Woodstock without the great bands. Thousands of people over each of the three days, lots and lots of pot, then more pot and booze, hippy artists peddling homemade kitsch, some OK bands, and crazy costumes.
Waist-up clothing is optional.
Local streets and roads are a log jamb and people sleep wherever they pass out.
Vendors start showing up Tuesday and most are in the area by Wednesday for setup Thursday. Lots of locals leave town but I don't like the idea of leaving or place vacant with that many alternatives in the area looking for a place to crash. So we'll stay here and mostly stay home. We can get into town via Clear Lake Rd. well north of the fair sites if we have to. But with Sundae in her somewhat precarious condition we aren't going far for long anyway.

Wednesday morning I have the follow-up appointment with the podiatrist and I'm curious to hear what he has to say. I had half my cheek cut away four years ago and the wound healed up better than this.
The plan is to go from there another 10 miles into Springfield to another wood stove business to talk with them about options and do some comparison shopping. Then we'll have them come out and do the same kind of assessment (free) that Midgley's did. They sell different brands and have a bigger selection so there may be some savings to be had.

I'm embarrassed by our President. And angry at him.
How about some basic adult decency?
Of course that gets to the heart of the problem, eh?


No comments: