Saturday, January 13, 2018

"The real problem is not whether machines think, but whether men do." - B.F. Skinner


Everything animal related is ready for me to be gone. Food bins are full, barns and coop cleaned, and the neighbor kid schooled on the most recent edition of the care routine. That includes feeding the cats.
Yeah, they're still alive.

Stella is in heat. Her tail wags constantly, she shadows Sundae, and is typically more vocal (though that hasn't started yet). A Boer goat comes into heat every three weeks for three days, so we'll breed her in 21 days and hopefully her first kidding in five months will go smoothly.

The text of the book is now in final form and I've started work on formatting. I'm unclear how much formatting I have to do and how much Amazon does when they get it. Do they set margins based on my specified size or do I?
For no good reason I feel stressed about this part of the process.

I also feel overwhelmed by the success of my Go Fund Me campaign. In three days the money all came in.
I don't know how missionaries do it—how they go out and ask for money and then accept it when it comes in. I feel embarrassed to ask and guilty when it arrives.
Stewardship, to be sure.

I've got two collections of short stories to listen to as I drive. Both are old, which is why they're public domain and free (LibriVox.com). One is a collection of stories about sailing that includes Mutiny on the Bounty. The other is detective stories that has some Sherlock Holmes included.
I should be going down the central valley (CA) in the middle of the night which means I won't be seeing all of the nothing there is to see for that looooong stretch. These stories will keep my mind awake - I hope.

Sorry;I'm too tired to have more. My day has been full of tasks, hustling from one to the next so it's all in order when I start the drive. I drop Pam off at the airport at about 1:15, come home for a short nap, feed the animals, and then hit the road.
That means I don't know when I'll next post. It might be from the kids' house in AZ. I should arrive Monday evening DV.

No comments: