Thursday, January 18, 2018

"Thousands of geniuses live and die undiscovered - either by themselves or by others." - Mark Twain


Pam and I met with Chad, our financial guy, at 7:45 this morning for our quarterly review. We started working with Chad when we lived here. Finding him was clearly God's gracious direction in our life; he's a brother in Christ and extremely good at what he does. We trust him completely and he's done a great job at maximizing our very modest assets.

When we were done with our meeting Chad and I drove to Scottsdale and spent the next several hours walking the Barrett-Jackson auto auction. We had a GREAT time. He's enough of a car guy to be genuinely interested and quick to grasp what's going on. Turns out we have very similar tastes in cars. The time with Chad was as good as the setting.

The setting included over 3,000 cars and 74 degree weather.

One of the "I'd buy that" cars we agreed on was a mid-60's Austin Healey. I struck up a conversation with what I took to be the car's owner (I was right) and learned he owns a restoration shop that specializes in that British brand and is located in....
wait for it...
Marcola, OR. an hour east of us.
Hmmmm.
This, too, may be God's gracious direction, don't ya think?

The family gathered at Josh & Aubri's for dinner tonight. Aubri made the fixings for burritos or tacos. Yummy.
I had one of each.

Pam's got a nasty cold and I feel like I might be getting it, too. But I must not feel yucky tomorrow because I'm headed to Russo-Steele to look at more cars. This time by myself. It's a totally different kind of event, much smaller and more user-friendly than the spectacle that is Barrett-Jackson.

Short post. I'm tired, tomorrow will be full, and the stuff I would write about takes more brain cells than I have available right now.

No comments: