Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.


Today was a much better day with my hip. I have no idea why and therefore don't know how to replicate it tomorrow, but I'm thankful for a day of significant relief.

I went into a donut shop this morning to work on my stuff for Sunday morning's class and use my one "cheat" for the week. The giant cinnamon role was very good but the wifi was not. The connection lasted for about 2 minutes before mysteriously ending. Reconnect and get the same thing. I found the connection for the Staples next door but it timed out after an hour.
I'm going to find another donut shop for next week.
I wonder if there are any BACON shops. Hmmmm.

On the way in I stopped at a quick lube place. I do Sally's oil change but with my back and hip issues I didn't feel like crawling under there to do the grease fittings. I'd called ahead and learned they would do it for me for $10 which was, IMO, a bargain.
After pulling into the service bay I started to get out of Sally but the guy told me they don't have a waiting room so I should just stay in the car.
Him: "Can you pop the hood for me?"
Me: "Nope, can't do that."
Him: "You don't want us to look under the hood?"
Me: No, it's a '66 Mustang. There is no 'pop the hood' lever in a '66 Mustang."
So I got out and used the latch behind the bumper to open it while the kid got a silly grin on his face.
Kids these days!
Bonus - they did it for free.

Because we live in the woods with no cell phone coverage we missed the text alert from the White House. Aw, shucks.

Ann, who has been fostering Buddy, brought him over tonight. We signed the contract with American Brittany Rescue and Buddy is settled into his new home. We expect him to go through an adjustment for a few days and to experience some stress. But Brittanys have a reputation for being very mellow and Ann said there was no acting out behavior when she took him in.

They're sometimes incorrectly called Brittany Spaniels. They're not Spaniels but do lay like one with their back legs splayed behind them.

Buddy pulls at a leash so we'll work on teaching him to heel when we walk. At 50 lbs. he's strong enough that the constant pulling will get old in a hurry. Brittanys also have a rep for being quick learners so I think he'll figure it out easily enough.

2 comments:

steve_macd said...

Tell Bear I empathize. Josh was my Buddy - came into the house at about the same weight and skin tone too

Ellen said...

Every year on October 4 the Swedes celebrate Cinnamon Bun Day.

https://www.thelocal.se/20131004/50590

Just an FYI. lol