Tuesday, November 12, 2019

"The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy." - Helen Hayes

This is genius. Dig the hole, set the seat in place, and it's all good. 
I'm not sure what the pitcher is for.

It should be the law that anytime Nessun Dorma is played everyone has to stop what they're doing and just listen. If it's Pavarotti singing, people should be required to close their eyes for the duration.

I haven't done burpees in so long I can't remember the last time. After today's gym workout I do, however, remember the pain.
My mistake was doing them at the beginning of my workout. Not much happened after that.

It's Tuesday morning. My brain stopped working shortly after the burpees and I never finished the above portion of the post. It's now Tuesday morning and I'll leave for work in a few minutes, but first....

With Pam gone I have certain freedoms. I get to make all my own meals, do all the dishes, and take on all the other tasks that keep the place humming. (Booo.)
I also get to arise at my usual early hour AND turn on the music as loudly as I want. That means either the DishTV classical music channel (9976) or the Opera channel right below it. This morning - opera. I listened to a running series of famous arias and duets, including the very famous duet from Bizet's "The Pearl Fishermen." Two friends, in love with the same woman, pledge their loyalty to each other in preference to their love for the beautiful young lady.
Go listen. Now!
And understand how wonderful these two tenors are. Bocelli, on the right, has been blind since early childhood, which may help you understand some of what's going on between the two of them.

As I roamed a series of internet rabbit trails I read about that opera, about that duet, including a translation of the French lyrics, and about the libretto. I knew the word libretto but not its exact definition.
The internet is a wonderful thing.

Speaking of librettos, I've often thought I wish I could write fiction, but my mind could never think of a story line.
I have one now. Which doesn't mean I've got the skills to turn it into a story. I wish I did.

I read that Dean Foods has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Didn't mean anything to me until I read that they are the largest producer of milk in the U.S. Americans are cutting WAY back on the amount of milk they drink, and as a result the stock of Dean Foods has dropped 80% this year. Yikes!
That's a lot of cows suddenly out of work.
Meanwhile, the sales of oat milk, the leading alternative, are up 636%.
How do you milk an oat??

It's now nearly noon and I'll be leaving the office in a minute, headed to the vet to get some meds for poor Buddy.
From here to the gym where I will not do burpees.

I realized that I've got TWO links in this post to arias. But they are both worth the listen, so,
listen!

Home from the gym, some crash time, and then chores. It's now dinner time. Frozen *pizza going into the oven as soon as it's up to temp. Then I'll do some more lesson prep, maybe some vacuuming, and call it a day. The first dose of meds have been administered and I'm hoping that 48 hours from now Buddy is much better, poor guy.

* What is a "self rising crust?" If it can't rise on its own, does somebody else do it? 'cause I have no idea how to raise a pizza crust.


No comments: