Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Look for it.

There's a "Boycott the Kardashians" page on FB. Do we really need one?
And have you seen Bruce Jenner?? One more proof that great athletic ability does not guarantee an intellect surpassing that of a sack of hammers.

Who would be on your Top 5 list of all-time dumb elite athletes? (I use "elite" to eliminate Shawn Kemp. We can't make it that easy.)

Today on the classical station more "cartoon music," Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saens.

The new drums with bearings are on the front spindles. The outer tie rod ends do NOT want to come loose. They've been sprayed with a liberal dose of PB Blaster and will sit overnight in hopes that they'll yield tomorrow. Meanwhile I'm trying to fill the new brake system with fluid - with an equal amount of success. Hmmm.

The report about Italy on NPR said the new government cabinet is filled with technocrats. I think that term means "men who don't throw bunga-bunga parties."
I'm guessing Berlusconi thinks the uproar about the Herman Cain accusations is amusing.

Both the police department and the campus police are denying that the assistant coach McQueary ever made a report about Sandusky's sexual abuse, as he has claimed. Certainly possible. But equally possible is that law enforcement agencies in Happy Valley were just as committed to preserving Jo-Pa's Penn State football as everyone else in that not-so-happy place. Burying a report of child sexual abuse by the offensive coordinator doesn't seem that improbable.

Your favorite?
Chevy speedometers through the years.

The only problem I see with the NBA lockout is that we won't have the humor of Charles Barkley. Laugh with him, laugh at him, he's funny.

The Senate has begun a Secret Santa program for it's members. So far more Dems than Republicans have signed up but they're used to handing out gifts.

A plaque used to hang in the prayer room at the church where I grew up. Last time I was there I looked for it but it's been removed. Too bad, 'cause it was really good.
"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me."
- Robert Murray McCheyne

Getting exercised about Sunday's sermon. I love my job.


No comments: