Friday, April 25, 2014

"The way I understand it, the Russians are a combination of evil and incompetence. Sort of like the Post Office with tanks." - Emo Philips


One of the car sites I visit is Blipshift.com, an outfit that sells car-related T-shirts and other items. Normally their designs are available for 3 days and then "gone forever," but every once in awhile they have a sale where the most popular designs of the past are brought back for a second chance.
I don't know how I missed this one the first time around - maybe it was before I started visiting the site - but I snagged myself a shirt this morning. The meaning will escape 90% of the population, but those who are cool will understand, and realize that I am among the coolest for wearing it.

You think you've had a bad day???
Tow Truck Fail

Sunday's sermon is about the saddest verse in the Bible. At least what this preacher considers the saddest. I'm going to begin by asking, "What's the saddest _______?"
So, for example, what would you say is the saddest song? That could be answered very differently depending on the musical genre. So let's say pop music from the last 20 or so years. There's a lot to choose from!
Or we could do country western music, in which case it would be pretty much all of them.

I called the dispatcher at Emirates Shipping this afternoon. She's having trouble coming up with a transport driver for the VW. The broker I've dealt with in the past, Four Corners Transport, puts the job out for bid on a virtual bulletin board, truckers see it, and those who are interested submit a bid. I've never had to wait more than about 48 hours before being assigned a transporter, which makes me wonder if Emirates Shipping is running such a tight margin that they haven't accepted any of the bids made.

(I like this one, too.)

This Ukraine thing looks like it could get serious. And Putin starts to look like a guy consumed with power.

Me? I'm consumed with getting more to eat.

No comments: