Tuesday, October 21, 2014

"I don't think my wife likes me very much. When I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance." - Frank Carson


I didn't get anything done on the truck today. I've hit roadblocks in several areas and until I get some issues figured out not much is going to happen.
I did take the driveshaft down to the same firm that did my rear axle. With the swap to a 5-speed transmission the old driveshaft is too long, so he'll cut it down to the proper length, put in new U-joints, a new carrier bearing, and balance the whole thing.

While I was standing in their small lobby area the owner's wife was hustling, trying to keep up with customers, phone calls, and paper work. I could tell that the person on the other end of the call she just took was not happy with being told there were customers in line and they'd have to wait on hold for a bit.
In an instant the wife put on a voice that sounded for all the world like a very harried, flustered employee.
"I'm sorry but it's only my second day here and I don't know what I'm doing. I'm trying the best I can."
That seemed to do the trick for the caller who was then put on hold.
She looked up at me and said, "It always works."

Funny. But it also told me that if/when I call and she answers she'll tell me whatever she thinks will do the trick.
That's the problem with lying. Once people figure out you're not trustworthy with others they infer....

I'm not a baseball fan but I get interested during playoffs and for the Series. I'm hoping KC wins. Underdogs.
(Not looking real good as I type this.)

Living in the desert messes with your head. When we lived in MI this time of year was about preparing for cold weather and inside living. Put the motorcycle and lawn mower up for the winter, rake lots and lots of leaves, and mentally prepare for cabin fever.
Here it's just the opposite. We can open the windows at night (still too hot during the day), drive with the windows down, and look forward to doing things outside.
Sure doesn't seem like it should be called Fall.

And so I'll leave here Sunday after church for the drive through to Seattle. It will be somewhere in the mid-80's and I'll wear shorts and a T-shirt. When I get to Seattle about 30 hours later it will be in the mid-50's and raining. Somewhere in there I'm going to have to change clothes.

ROAD TRIP!

No comments: