Saturday, October 25, 2014

"In larger things we are convivial; what causes trouble is the trivial." - Richard Armour


I'm mostly packed; the rest will happen in the morning - toiletries and the like.
I'll drive through weather ranging from mid-80's when I leave to rain and 50's when I arrive in Seattle sometime Monday. That makes packing a little tricky, the more so because we don't own a lot of clothes for cold and rainy.

I know going into tomorrow morning that we'll have lots of people gone. This is the time of year when organizations and families can plan outdoor activities.

This morning I got the new driveshaft installed. Never done that job before, but aside from having to enlarge some bolt holes on the new carrier bearing it all went fine. And it looks a lot more legit with the engine connected to the rear wheels.

Then I spent about three hours sanding the cab. This is the stage where I have to go slowly and carefully because it's the last sanding before the color coats. The color can only be as smooth and flat as this layer of primer underneath it. I go over every inch with 220 grit, and then again with 320. I got half the cab done with the 220. The rest...something to look forward to when I get back.

I wish Pam could go with me on this trip. We travel well together.

I don't do it as much now as I used to, but sometimes I build little tricks into my sermons or lessons. A double entendre (the clean kind), a play on words, a hidden reference to an historical event...
I don't care if people caught them or not; I do it for myself. Every once in awhile somebody would catch it and ask me afterward if I did that on purpose.
There's one built into tomorrow's lesson, but this group is too young to get it. Oh well.

Early bed tonight in hopes of getting a little extra sleep to help with the drive I'll start at noon. Don't know when I'll post next, but it will probably be from a stop along the way.

No comments: