Sunday, December 21, 2014

"If you smile when no one else is around you really mean it." - Andy Rooney


This will be short. It's Sunday night so my energy stores are at zero, AND the Cardinals vs. Seahawks game is about to start.

It's at least 49 weeks before I have to preach another Christmas sermon.

I've had one of the Pathway kids do a brief reading for each of the four Advent Sundays on that week's theme. This morning's candle, the fourth, was love. Seth was supposed to read but he came down sick so his kid brother Ethan filled in. Ethan is 10 and did a GREAT job for being a last minute sub. Each of the kids has done well and this old man enjoys seeing them playing a part in our worship service.

It's not just that there are more cars on the road because if (I'm assuming) Christmas shopping but that more of them are driving like idiots. On surface streets.

My mom's birthday is Wednesday, Christmas Eve. I wish we could be there to celebrate with them. I don't think they'll go clubbing or anything, but it's a special day, realistically there are a limited number of them left (she'll be 92), and just eating with them in the dining room would be good.

I'm stuck on the truck. I'm waiting for a package of parts that will arrive Tuesday and I've hit a snag with the throttle. I'm missing the linkage that goes from the pedal to a pivot arm attached to the side of the block, a piece nobody is making as a repop. Because I never had the piece I don't know exactly what it looks like or how it attaches so I'm clueless on fabricating my own.
I guess I'll sand body panels until my parts arrive and figure out what to do about that linkage tomorrow.

For now, a cup of coffee, some dessert from a can of goodies I was given at church this morning (Brandie makes the. best. Christmas goodies!) and hope this game isn't a complete humiliation.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry your hopes didn't materialize. At least for the first quarter the Cardinals were in the game. After that... not so much. Oh well - now you can root for your old home team that they'll return to the Super Bowl (although the teams for which you root don't have the best of luck so maybe you should root for Dallas or Green Bay...)