Monday, May 25, 2015

"When she started to play Steinway came down personally and rubbed his name off the piano." - Bob Hope


I did the half-Murph this morning, knocked 15 minutes off my previous time, and did so with real pull ups, not jump pull ups. It was nice to do it alongside Josh, who was doing the full version. Father-son bonding time over pain and perspiration. I had to do a combo run & walk that final 1/2 mile segment but that's OK; it means I'd given the previous stretch full effort. The weather was perfect, in the mid-70's.

When I got home I stopped long enough to have a banana and something to drink and then went out to work in the paint booth garage. I knew sitting down would mean the end of the day and I wanted to get the painting done before the heat got up to the 90 degree mark.
Today's goal: get the repaint of the hood done and the inside of the tailgate. That requires three layers, one of sealer, three coats of color, and three coats of clear.
Doing the hood over was the right decision. It turned out MUCH better, with no runs in the clear coat and the right side smooth where I'd previously missed repair on that small dent.

Tomorrow I'll paint the outside of the tailgate, including contrasting
color for CHEVROLET, a procedure I've never tried before. First I'll have to go down to ADCO and get another quart of Pioneer Beige, this color. And as long as I've got the garage set up for painting I may go ahead and paint the bed inside and out this week. With the exception of the bed rails that I haven't ordered yet that will finish up the painting.

By the time I'd finished painting and getting everything cleaned up and put away my body was done. It was 2:00, I came inside to sit in my chair, and died. The TV was on to some of the French Open matches but even when my eyes were open I didn't see a lot of them. I sat in my chair for hours with my body in total shutdown mode except for the muscles that kept screaming at me.

I'd like to report that something significant or interesting happened this evening, or that I mentally engaged with a meaningful concept or event. But I heated up and ate my dinner which took all the energy I could muster. Pam will walk in the door from her 12-hour shift at the hospital (yay for time and a half holiday pay!) and I'll ask her how her day went. Then I'll say goodnight.
Yep, that's what's gonna happen.

No comments: