Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Who goes to hell? None but such as deserve it. Who goes to heaven? Not but such as deserve hell.


It's now about 7 p.m. I pulled into our driveway about 10:30 a.m. 19.5 hours after leaving the kids' place in AZ. I had more trouble with driving fatigue than previous trips and stopped four times for a nap instead of my typical three. I got home in 90 minutes less than usual because I only stopped to eat once, a quick stop at a McD's for b'fast. Pam had packed me a sandwich that I ate as I drove, along with baby carrots (awwww), chips, and cookies. I also consumed unholy amounts of Diet Coke. I've mostly slept for the last nine hours, with breaks to unpack, take care of the chickens and goats, and so some misc. tasks in MoHo.
Mostly, I'm addled. And my head is pounding, a combination of continuing nasal congestion and way too much caffeine.

I saw no accidents driving down or on the return trip. That's a first.

One of the two traps I set had a mouse and the other one didn't spring so I'm hoping I got the one trespasser.

The goats ripped the feeder, apart. It's made out of wire fencing, and they messed it up by standing on it. I don't allow that when I'm home, but the H.S. kid who takes care of the animals when we're gone doesn't know to prohibit it. That wire can't hold up to 120+ pounds of goat, so tomorrow I'll rebuild a feeder out of PVC pipe and have no horizontal pieces for them to stand on.

I did not, could not vote for President Trump. I had reservations about his position on critical issues, but mostly I could get past his character problems. I've seen nothing to allay those fears and now wonder if he'll survive to the end of his term before some act of self-destruction. He seems well on his way to that end.
It sucks to be a Republican in Congress right now. They control both houses and the executive office and are still hobbled
Be careful what yo wish for.

My brain is fried, or drugged, or something that has rendered it inoperative.
I'll try this again tomorrow.

No comments: