Thursday, October 19, 2017

I've got to stop saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge


I enjoy Facebook. Some days it's as social as I want to get. But some of its features leave me wondering.
My news feed gives me two options, Top Stories and Most Recent. The latter I understand but I'm curious how FB decides what qualifies as a top story. What factors go into their algorithm? Does it weight people whose posts I've responded to? Those who have the most followers? Whose profile pictures qualify them as good looking?
Facebook also recommends potential people for me to friend. Why? Often we have one friend in common and occasionally no one as a mutual friend.
One of the recent suggestions was someone named Abraham Lincoln whose profile pic was...yep, the president. I didn't take the bait 'cause I've read he only uses Twitter.

Typically rainfall is rated as sprinkles, showers, light rain, and rain.
We've added another category: hard enough to interfere with reception from our internet satellite.
That's what we've had today. And the weather guy on the evening news said we'll get almost 2" over the next 24 hours.
#Oregon
I saw a shirt at Meyer this morning with the outline of the state and the words, "Oregon Reign."



This evening while out feeding our critters I checked the coop nests and got the first egg from this second flock. Like most first eggs it's small, but they quickly get big, especially from this breed. No way to know which hen gave us this egg but the other nine shouldn't be far behind. Soon we'll have eggs to sell and plenty for baking. I think my next attempt is going to be a merengue pie, probably lemon. My mom had a good recipe.

I've just done the dishes and had a warmed piece of apple pie. I can hear the rain coming down outside and it's cooling off inside, now down to 65 degrees.

I think it's time to crawl under the electric blanket and call it a day.

No comments: