Thursday, April 26, 2018

"An art thief is a man who takes pictures." - George Carlin


There's a direct relationship between the amount of sleep I get and my mood. It seems to be an exponential equation, sort of like the Richter Scale where a .1 increase in magnitude represents a 10-fold increase in impact. Unfortunately I slept about 3 hours last night.
In other words, God help the person who gives me the slightest bit of grief today.

I did spend the morning with the goats. All three got their hooves trimmed, a job I'm not good at and that goats don't enjoy. Sundae put up the biggest fight. She's also very pregnant and the biggest of the three under even normal circumstances. Dolly hates the halter I put them in to restrain them but eventually just laid down out of ... fear? Whatever the cause, it made it easier to trim her hooves.
Sundae also got her shot and her butt shaved. Yeah, she was thrilled about that, too.
A feed store run means I'm now also stocked with orchard grass hay, rye straw, and grain. I decided to wait to get another bale of alfalfa when I'm closer to done with my current bale.

I go back and forth on it. Should I press through regardless of how I feel or is it wise to take a day off when my body feels sore and fatigued? I decided the latter today. I had plenty of little tasks to keep me busy and more I didn't get to.
The weeds and driveway grass have been sprayed with RoundUp ahead of tomorrow's rain.
Handles are now installed on the drawers and door of the new kitchen cabinets. (Why do they always give you screws that are too short to go through the drawer face? I have never purchased handles that didn't mean a trip to the hardware store to get longer screws than they include.)

"I was always desired, but now I've valued, you see. And That's different." - Anne Boleyn (at least as portrayed on Wolf Hall)

We've got one broody hen and the others seem to be in sympathy with AZ teachers. Which is to say we're short on eggs. I may have to eat waffles with my BACON tomorrow.

No comments: