Sunday, April 22, 2018

"Look at life through the windshield, not the rear view mirror." - Byrd Baggett


Why do we have salad/dessert forks? The only difference is their size, at least in our set. I've seen some where dinner forks have four tines and salad/dessert forks three but the primary difference is that the latter are shorter and sometimes narrower. Why?
Neither salad nor dessert need a smaller fork and my hand isn't any smaller when I eat those things. There's room on the table for another full-size utensil.
Makes no sense.
I think it's a ploy to sell more silverware.

Monday we're supposed to get our first 70 degree day since last October. Tuesday we'll hit 80. By Friday we're back into the low 60's and by Saturday the high will be in the 50s. Springtime in Oregon.

Anybody else watching Wolf Hall on Masterpiece (PBS)? It's a dramatization of the later years of the reign of King Henry VIII but it focuses on Thomas Cromwell. Besides the stunning visuals it's a great way to learn the history of that key era. England is moving from Roman Catholicism into Anglicanism, key figures include William Tyndale, Cardinal Woolsey, Anne Boleyn, and Elvis Presley. Cromwell was the driving force behind the English Reformation and engineered Henry's multiple divorces & marriages yet still got beheaded in the mess of palace intrigue of the era.
I think it bores Pam but I find it entertaining and educational.

I talked to Todd at church this morning. He's the neighbor up the road who delivered the gravel in his dump truck. Turns out it wasn't five tons.
It was six and a half.
Well no wonder!

And because the last two or three days have been full of gravel and because I've been doing extra work at the gym I decided today would be free of physical exertion.
I made snickerdoodles instead.

Alfa Romeo wins the year's best car ads award and we're only in April.
Beautiful cars, too. And now a gorgeous and crazy fast SUV.

No comments: