Saturday, October 6, 2018

"The task of a leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been." - Henry Kissinger


Tonight's post is dedicated to the two former students who felt the need to point out my error using grate when I meant great in a post that began with examples of using the wrong word in an online statement.
Everybody's a critic.

Last night's quote got me thinking.
"Football isn't a contact sport, it's a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport." - Vince Lombardi.

When did dancing stop being a contact sport/activity? Now it may be two people and they may be facing each other, but mostly it's an individual going through a series of moves that may or may not (me) be rhythmic and keyed to the music.
How and why did that change happen? The change had already taken place by the time I was in Jr. Hi. and people were doing the twist.
Your theory?

Just showed up on the community Facebook page:
"Does anyone know how to properly diagnose refrigerators?"
Pam said I was NOT allowed to respond, which is a real shame 'cause I speak Snark real well.

<-- click="" enlarge="" i="" to="">
We have Buddy because Bill, the man who had him since he was a few weeks old, had to go into memory care.
He clearly loved Buddy. We got a 3-ring binder full of paperwork covering all his vet visits, two bags of his toys, and two leashes. One of them is the reel type and the instant Buddy sees me take it out he gets very excited. He knows what it means.
That leash has this post-it note on it. I think it's sweet.
Once he's settled in we're going to take Buddy to see Bill.

I went to our PCP this morning right after my PT appointment for the annual Rx renewal visit. She looked in my ears and said I needed to have them flushed.
Have you ever been through that procedure? It's not a lot of fun. But the gal who did it showed me what she got out of each ear so I get it. Needed doing.

Ooops. It's 4:30 a.m. Saturday and I just realized I never finished this post last night. So here's as far as I got.

No comments: