Saturday, October 12, 2019

"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own." - Les Dawson


I slept nearly seven hours last night, which is almost alarming. It's now 6 a.m., I've got the wood stove going (it was 54 when I got up and MoHo is now a cozy 61), my daily email is out, and I've had breakfast - eggs and BACON - with two cups of coffee.
The problem: I'm sitting under my lap blanket listening to G.F. Handel and trying without success to muster the will to do anything the rest of the day.

I got the bedroom windows trimmed out yesterday afternoon. Well, mostly. I measured and cut wrong on one piece. Because I bought just enough trim to do both windows I now have to go back to Lowe's and buy another 10' piece to do the 44" I'm short. Oh well. I've got the next in the series of replacement windows on order so the extra trim will get used soon enough.
That's just the latest in a string of FAIL misadventures.

I opened the passenger door of my truck when I arrived for class Thursday night and the $$$ coffee server with the church logo printed on it that I had sitting on the floor fell out onto the pavement.
I make coffee for my class each week. Or I did until I broke that carafe.
No good deed goes unpunished.

The words carafe and giraffe rhyme. Shouldn't they be spelled the same (except for the first letter)?

I started installing a tach in Sally late yesterday but quit at the point where I splice into wires to make the connections. I just couldn't deal with another FAIL. So this morning I'll go out and cut into the wires for the dash lights and gauges to make those connections. No pressure.

I found this article, and an article linked within it, fascinating. I wish we could do that in MoHo. Maybe someday.

Did you know that today is Columbus Day, not Monday when it appears on the calendar? It was on this day in 1492 that he landed in "the Americas."
Illegal aliens.

The tach is intalled. But doesn't work. And I don't know why. Everything else does, but I'm pretty sure it's either a faulty tach (it was cheap!) or a wiring issue. I'll mess with it tomorrow afternoon and run a test wire right to the battery to see if that makes a difference. If it does that means I've got a connection problem somewhere. If it doesn't I've got a bad tach.

A pan of cinnamon rolls is in the oven. I tried something different this time. Instead of sugar and cinnamon I used brown sugar and cinnamon. And then...! I rolled Marion berries into them. We'll see if they're as good as the one I had at Harvest Bakery Thursday morning.

No comments: