Saturday, November 9, 2019

"Too many pieces of music finish too long after the end." - Igor Stravinski


I need to increase my caloric intake, and I'm still hungry after I eat breakfast. So Pam got me some English muffins.
They come out of the bag sliced...about 1/3 of the way through. Why? What's the point of that?
You can't tear them the rest of the way without ending up with a wadded mess of muffin. The only thing to do is get the bread knife and cut them the rest of the way. Which makes me wonder why they even bothered with that partial slice. Just to mess with my head??

I found some blue jeans that fit today. I had to go to Walmart to find them, but it's OK. I showered as soon as I got home.

I put fresh Gorilla Tape on the Blazer's mirror. The old stuff had stretched enough that the mirror wobbled in the wind. The crack in the plastic is now once again held tightly and we don't need to worry about the mirror coming off on a rough road. Tomorrow I might see if I can fix the rear seat that won't fold down. The cable from the lever to the latch is either broken or has come loose.

My Life Is Good shirt arrived today. This is my second and probably not my last. They're a really soft fabric and I like the "messages" on some of their shirts. Including this one.

Doelings should be bred the first time so they're two years old when they kid, which means Frenchie will lose her virginity in February. Alas, she's in heat now, and the whole neighborhood knows it. She has been bleating loudly since before sunrise and her tail is wagging nonstop. I can't decide if her eagerness for a buck is funny or annoying.
There's a country western song in here someplace.

Poor Buddy. After getting a lot better his lung congestion is suddenly much worse. He goes into horrible coughing spasms and brings up a clear phlegm. It's the worst when he's been still, like at night. Every hour or so he wakes up with so much lung congestion he has trouble breathing. It's horrible to listen to - especially when it wakes you up at 3 a.m. - but mostly it's pathetic for him.
Which is why I didn't have the heart to kick him out of my chair this morning.

When Pam's gone I do the kind of cleaning best done in an empty house. This morning that meant hands-and-knees scrubbing of the kitchen floor linoleum. It should be replaced, but there's no point doing that when we hope to gut and redo the whole kitchen at some point. The room will go down to studs and the subfloor torn up and replaced, so new flooring would be wasted time, effort and money at this point.
Next up, the bathroom floor. I've already scrubbed the tub & enclosure. That's another room that will go down to studs.

We're officially into the afternoon. I could sit here and watch the LSU/'Bama game or get out of my chair and...
the gym,
the feed store for a bale of straw,
an hour or so of Portuguese,
the bathroom floor,
maybe cleaning the barn.

I've got dough rising that will become cinnamon rolls tonight. Iced in the morning before church.

Let's do this!!

No comments: