Friday, August 1, 2014

"Suburbia is where developers bulldozes out the trees and then names the streets after them." - Bill Vaughan


I had lunch today with my oldest son and youngest grandson. That was fun.
The immediate occasion was to meet at a T-Mobile store and sign up for their $100, 4-line family plan. We're both already with T-Mobile, each on a two line account, and we'll both save a significant amount of money by combining under this program. We'll save about $70 per month. Score!

I accidentally discovered that (on my Mac using Chrome) the tab key takes me back to the top of almost any web page. I've found a few where it doesn't work, but for the majority that's a very convenient feature. I'd earlier discovered that the delete key works like the back button, taking me to the previous page(s). Don't know if either of these works on other systems or browsers. YMMV

I confess to getting tired of sanding. I took this morning off, but mostly because even at sunrise it was crazy hot and humid, and I didn't want to risk working out in the driveway and have things get wet. Serious thunderstorms are supposed to move in overnight and run through Sunday, so I might be taking the weekend off.

Another day of cramming too much stuff in my head. It was fun, and I learned a lot about a wide variety of things, but if there's a finite number of bits and bytes you can put on your brain's hard drive before it's full and crashes I might wake up tomorrow morning dumb as a sack of hammers.

Three Musketeers on BBCAmerica is pretty good. I don't know enough to identify why, but I really like the camera work, the cinematography. It's a good show to watch with the lights off.

I'm in the mood to go out for breakfast in the morning (with Pam, of course). But thinking about the cool places we ate in tiny Oregon towns, and then thinking about nothing but chain places here takes the fun out of it. Denny's? IHOP? Why bother?

It's August. My younger brother is now older, football is closer, we're 60 days from double digit highs, and 11 months from going camping in the teardrop. Kids here are all back in school Monday, and after taking July off for our second hour we go back to our normal schedule at Pathway.
Time marches on.

No comments: