Monday, July 6, 2015

I love asking kids what they want to be when they grow up, because I'm still looking for ideas.


Olio

I really like this piece and often stop when it come on my Pandora station.
Where Ere You Walk
If you click on the "show more" below the screen you can see the lyrics.

Oreo is coming out with a new cookie that's supposed to be more "adult." It's thinner with less filling.
Why?????

I went to the courthouse this morning and filed the paperwork to get a new passport. If your old one expired less than five years ago it's easier and cheaper so I dug mine out. The five years was up yesterday.
I should have my new one in 4-6 weeks, so that's plenty of time.

I nailed this morning's bike ride. Did 15 miles at a pace equal to what I was doing two years ago, and this is the beginning of my third week back.
This afternoon's gym workout, not so much. Got it done but it weren't purdy.

The NASCAR crash got lots of press and it's easy to understand why. The crash in today's Tour de France didn't get much coverage and it was worse. It's just the rider and the pavement at 40 mph. Carnage.

First thing tomorrow morning I'll pick up the 4'x8' U-Haul trailer, bring it home and start loading it up, mostly with tools I'll use to work on MoHo and Fred. But if there's lots of room left I'll take boxes of books and things I'm sure we won't need here before our move. My goal is to leave at 5 p.m. because that will put me into L.A. about 11 p.m.
I looked it up today and Gustine is just past the half-way point, with the total distance at 1,234 miles. Given our experience from last month's trip I'm just going to figure on 24 hours for the trip. I'll be driving alone this time, but Pam slept for 90% of the way last time so it's not like I had real company.

I got another two books on CD at the library for the hours-long stretches where there's no radio reception. Another Patterson and a second Grisham novel. Friend Bruce also loaned me David McCullough's book (CDs) on the Wright Brothers and another on Dietrich Bonhoeffer. So I've got the audio equivalent of NCIS and the PBS News Hour.

OK, I've got to get up and start moving again or this tired body is going to be frozen. And there's too much to get done to spend the evening in this chair.


No comments: