Monday, October 16, 2017

"BACON is duct tape for the kitchen." - unknown (but a smart person)

Almost 50%, a pretty decent number compared to what's typical.

I'd forgotten just how hung over I am on Mondays after preaching. Not a lot of oomph for anything. I did eight miles this afternoon, but mostly because the event is 12 days out, not because I was filled with energy for the task.

The sermon has been posted on the church website. I was, uhm, surprised and a bit dismayed to see how long I preached. There really wasn't a way to shorten it - I'd already cut non-essential content out - and people sure seemed to be with me. What's the worst that can happen? They don't ask me to preach again?? Yeah, I'm more than OK with that.

We parted company with family (my folks and Steve, Michelle and the two grands) Saturday. The week or so afterward are always the hardest. It's so easy to be with our kids and grandkids, and to be with my folks, that I really miss them when it's over.
I'm already looking forward to January when we'll go the Phoenix and see ALL our kids and grands. And we may go up to Seattle for my mom's 95th birthday on Christmas Eve.

Pam's leaving Wednesday morning to visit her mom in Michigan. I'm a wimp about being alone; hate it. She's good about leaving me with meals I just have to heat, but the place is just too quiet.

I got a letter from the Oregon State equivalent of the IRS asking for my FEIN, or Federal Employee Identification Number. I should put that in the appropriate box and mail it back to them.
Except I don't have a FEIN, don't know what it is, and what I'd do with one if I had it.
So I called the 800 number, left a message, and the guy called back in a couple of hours.
"Yeah, we've just begun using a new system and are sending that letter out to anyone who might have a FEIN. If you don't have one just ignore the letter. You can throw it out."
What???
If you're the tax man, even at the state level, don't be scaring people by asking for stuff just in case it might be necessary. That's not even nice.

Sundae's udder has shrunk a lot. She's gone from a Triple D to a C, maybe even a B cup. So I've begun to add grain and alfalfa back into her diet so she can put back on the weight she lost while nursing the kids.

Colin Kapernick protested by kneeling during the national anthem saying it was a matter of principle. Now he's suing the NFL for collusion, saying team owners conspired to not offer him a contract after he opted out of an extension with the Forty Niners.
Seems a bit contradictory to me.

No comments: