Saturday, July 14, 2018

"We first make our habits and then our habits make us." - John Dryden


OK, it's time for the heat wave to be done. It's 92 outside and 90 inside. Tomorrow is going to be three degrees hotter.

We went to the truck show in Junction City this morning and I was disappointed. Plenty of brand new and almost new trucks and a few from the 50s, so lots of big shiny things. But all the cab doors were shut and none of the rigs with sleepers had them open either. That's where the cool stuff is, the surprising luxury.
So we weren't there very long. I did talk to a Kenworth rep. I worked at their plant south of Seattle the summer after my freshman year at college so I asked him about that plant. They now turn out only about si trucks a day, all specialty one-off rigs.

When we were leaving I saw that the backup camera I put in Thursday wasn't working. "Yeah, that didn't work at all yesterday."
What??? Why didn't you say something?
So when we got home I started checking fuses, all the wires, the connections.....
Discovered that one of the splices had come loose inside the connector. As soon as I fixed it the camera came back on with a better picture than it had before. But when I went to the gym this afternoon it was back to sketchy.
Next week I'll dig out the soldering iron and redo that connection the official way.

I heard a story on NPR this morning about the separation of children from their parents at the border. One of the fathers interviewed arrived with his son from Brazil.
Huh???? Brazil?!
Why is he a refugee? OK, their roads are pretty bad but they have GREAT meat.

I've got to be out of here early tomorrow to be at church by 8:30. I'm going to attend the class I'll teach next week.
G'night.

No comments: