Monday, October 21, 2019

"Gentiles are people who eat mayonnaise for no reason." - Robin Williams


Saturday:
Heavy sigh.
I took the truck to get it filled up. No problem. I drove it home and parked it out front so I could wash and vacuum it. No problem.
I planned to return it to it's spot up by the weaning pen until the potential buyer arrives Sunday afternoon.
Problem.
It won't start.
Long story short, I'm 99% sure the timing chain has stretched to the extent that the crank and cam shafts are too far out of sync. The timing chain should be changed at 100k miles and it now has nearly 200k. That, plus other symptoms....
I called the guy and we talked. Told him I wouldn't (and couldn't) sell him a truck that needed this repair. He doesn't know much about engines (thing under the hood that goes vroom) but his uncle does so he's going to talk to him. I told him I'd discount the price by $1,000 if he wanted to tow it home (his idea). The repair job should cost him about $800, so he would come out ahead and I'd have it GONE. He's still planning on coming tomorrow with his uncle's diesel and a trailer to haul it home, but he hasn't gotten ahold of that uncle yet.
Aaaargh.

It POURED overnight. The rain hitting MoHo's roof was loud enough to wake me up. This morning I've got mud out in the goat pen. But they don't care and I've got rubber work boots.

Sunday:
I went to the office early - my new normal routine on a Sunday morning - to go over my lesson in that quiet space, do some theology reading, and work a bit on Portuguese. Then off to teach my class. On the way home from church I picked up 80 lbs. of chicken feed because I was completely out.
After a bit of the Seahawks game (sad) I baked two pans of cinnamon rolls we'll take to our small group gathering tomorrow night. We have a light pot-luck meal each week and we're bringing dessert this time. These are the blueberry version. I hope they like them as much as I do.
I weigh myself each Sunday morning and expected bad news this week. Instead of one cheat per week this last one was closer to one cheat per day thanks to a pan of Marion berry cinnamon rolls sitting on the counter.
I went down half a pound.
Slamming it at the gym.
The kid (mid-20's?) came over to look at the truck. It fired right up. What??? Long story short, he likes it, took it for a drive and likes it more, and left a $500 deposit. He's coming back next weekend with a buddy to change out the sensors (I told him I just don't have time) and if that cancels out the codes he'll give me the rest of the money. If it doesn't I'll refund it. And if he doesn't come back next weekend he forfeits the $500.

Monday:
It's 3:30 a.m. and I've been up for an hour. I sent out my daily email, am finishing up this long-delayed blog, and will next get to work on a full day's to-do list. I've got a TON of church stuff to do, including some major prep work for my Thursday night class. Another session with thick content that I need to present with clarity. I'm behind my self-imposed schedule for the discipleship workbook rewrite, I simply MUST get Dolly's hooves trimmed along with several other "critter" tasks done, and run up to Junction City to pick up the ordered window that will come in this afternoon. Then get it installed, leaving only two more windows to go. We have a string of rain-free days the end of this week so I'll try to get to that task then.
I know I've been relatively AWOL here, but on a list of each day's priorities and available mental energy blogging has slipped down the list.
Eu desculpo.
Yeah, at some point before I leave for my 7:00 mentoring meeting I'll work on Portuguese.

Here we go!

No comments: